Start doing things your way and never let anyone put you down because it will start affecting you and the way you deal with other people.
Conflict, we always try to avoid it. We all hate having to go through those discussions and having to explain ourselves to other people, especially when we’re right and they insist that they’re the ones who are correct. It can be such a pain and it seems understandable that not too many people look forward to it. If you’re seriously considering changing the way you approach your life and want to start being assertive, consider joining the Assertiveness and Self-Confidence Training Course from PD Training in Singapore.
Contrary to our common beliefs, conflict is a good thing because it helps us to convey words and feelings that we never thought we could say or express. This often leads to great results. But keep in mind that conflict in itself is not the answer to a problem. Learning how to be assertive in a correct manner is the solution. Conflict is just one of the things that can come with being assertive. When you are not properly trained on how to be assertive, you might end up having an argument that you could never win and cannot contain. This usually leads to heated fights that may only worsen an already volatile mood in the office or home.
It’s understandable that these conflicts can lead you to question your self-worth and your value as a person. You might feel sorry for yourself and start doubting your capabilities as a leader. You might even go as far as shutting down completely and not being active anymore. This could lead to serious consequences such as quitting your job or getting fired.
Ultimately, learning how to be assertive will be the best thing you can do for yourself because this can be the start of a life-changing experience. But what exactly are you going to learn from this training? Well, here are a few things:
- Understand what it means to be assertive and self-confident
- Learn that it’s okay to speak up and stand up for what you believe
- Gain techniques to confidently express opinions & needs
- Learn to say ‘no’ without being rude or seeming disinterested
- Recognise that you are important and that your opinions are valid and worthy of consideration
- Learn to identify & eliminate negative thinking and self-talk
- Become a more effective communicator
- Learn to set achievable goals in line with personal values
- Discover how to “feel the part”, “look the part”, “sound the part” and “become the part”
- Be able to recognise and deal with difficult behaviours in other people
If you really want to upgrade your life, contact PD Training today. What have you got to lose?
PD Training delivers thousands of professional development courses each year in Singapore so you can be assured your training will be delivered by a qualified and experienced trainer.
All public Assertiveness & Self-Confidence Training courses include am/pm tea, lunch, printed courseware and a certificate of completion. Customised courses are available upon request so please contact pd training at [email protected]ng.com.sg to learn more.